We are looking for an intern with a strong background in Geoscience to join our team. You will be working with our data scientists and ML engineers to analyse data, apply machine learning, and statistical techniques to real-world problems in the energy, oil & gas industry. You will also have the opportunity to learn from our experts and gain hands-on experience in the field of data science, machine learning, E&P data processing, etc.
To be successful in this role, you should have good knowledge about seismic and well log data, and typical processing steps. You should also have experience in writing scientific code using Python libraries like Numpy & SciPy, and familiarity with machine learning frameworks and libraries such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow or PyTorch. You should also have a passion for learning new things and solving challenging problems and be able to understand the business needs and translate them into data-driven solutions.
Your goal will be to contribute to our data science and machine learning projects and deliver high-quality results that can benefit our company and our clients.
- Assist with data collection, preprocessing, and analysis.
- Develop and / or replicate scientific code pertaining to specific Geoscience problems using Machine and Deep Learning.
- Conduct experiments to test hypotheses and evaluate model performance.
- Present findings and insights using data visualization techniques.
- Document all steps in the development process.
- Collaborate with data scientists and ML engineers on project tasks.
- Stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the AI / ML and energy domains.
- Pursuing or completed a Master's degree in Geosciences.
- Experience with Python, and libraries like NumPy, SciPy, etc.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks and libraries such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, or PyTorch.
- Understanding of data analysis, machine learning, and statistical methods.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Domain knowledge of the energy industry is a plus.
Key Job Details
- Category: Geoscience Intern
- Required Education: Master's degree in Geosciences
- Employment Type: Internship